1. HVAC Systems. This is common in every home. The HVAC system takes care of the heating, cooling or ventilation of your home. Select a product with a quality rating as well as energy efficient seal. You can ask recommendations from two storey home builders Perth has today for a much better quality.
2. Detailed Construction Plan. If you have to add a second storey to your existing home, make sure that the first floor will not suffer from poor lighting and ventilation. Discuss your construction plan with two storey home builders in Perth WA so you will know how which wall you need to open to get maximum natural light on all floor levels.
2. Solar Loads and Daylighting. When you layout your floor plan, make sure to balance the benefits of daylight with the potential hazard of increased solar cooling load. Talking to expert two storey home builders Perth has today will help you layout the correct design depending on which region your house sits in.
3. Ventilation. Make sure that when you add a second storey to your home, the ventilation should not be affected. Be sure to have properly placed windows that can be opened. You can also have vented skylights installed to promote better indoor air circulation. Talk to a 2 storey home builders Perth has to offer to help your figure out how to improve circulation in your home. This is a great way to prevent moisture build-up and reduce the risk of fungus infestation.
4. Form and Orientation. This will vary depending on your climate. If you live in an area with a colder climate, opt for a rectangular floor plan so you can get as much sunlight as you can. It is best if you talk to renowned 2 storey home builders in Perth to determine the best shape and size orientation so your home can be energy efficient.